When it comes to Christmas Day, getting your festive tablescape just right for all of your thoughtfully prepared dishes, is crucial. When all of the stress of cooking is over and you finally sit down to tuck in, you want your guests to be wowed by your beautiful table display.
For those who don’t have the time to craft your own decorations, here is a twist on a traditionally festive Christmas table setting. By simply adding a bunch of roses, you create a beautiful tablescape with little to no effort.
We chose to use Portmeirion’s The Holly & The Ivy collection as we wanted to experiment with a Christmas dinnerware set that has a very classic feel.
And, you can recreate this pretty Christmas table with just 5 simple steps!
All you need is:
Deep pink napkins – Home Colours
Christmas cups/glasses – stylist’s own
Festive rose garland- M&S plum floral garland
Ribbon – The Range
Christmas candles – Wax Lyrical cinnamon spice pillar candle x 2 and Dunelm large gold pillar candle x 2
Christmas jug – The Holly & The Ivy bella jug
Fresh flowers and fern – mixture of red and deep pink roses from local florist or supermarket
How to recreate this look:
1. To make your pretty rose napkins, take your napkin and tie the ribbon around the middle in a large bow. Take one of your roses, cut the stem to size and pop in behind the bow. We alternated the pink and red roses for each napkin.
2. This centrepiece is super quick to create. Place your floral garland in the centre of the table and put your jug (filled with water) in the middle of the garland (the jug can sit either side of the garland). Add your fresh red and pink roses and fill out with your fern sprigs in areas that look a little sparse. On one side of the table, add your delicious smelling cinnamon spice red pillar candles (they also do these in a mulled wine scent!) to the centrepiece by placing them to the top left of each place setting. Do the same on the opposite side of the table with your gold pillar candles. This should create a beautifully scented zig-zag effect in line with your garland!
3. Place your Christmas glasses on the top right of each place setting.
4. Set out your cutlery and begin to layer up each place setting. Place down dinner plates then side plates. Layer your side plate with your gorgeous little accent plates and lay your ready made napkins on top. Watch our table setting video below for a guide onto how to lay each place setting.
5. Now all that is left to do is light your scented candles and enjoy your perfect Christmas dinner experience.
Planning on trying out this look? We would love to see your images! Tag us in your photo’s using the hashtag #APortmeirionChristmas on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for your chance to feature on our social media channels.
For more festive table and Christmas present ideas, head to our website Portmeirion UK.