Halloween 2017 is around the corner so we thought we would do a little experimenting on how to make it a ghoulishly stylish affair. We all seem to be doing something different here at Portmeirion group. Some of us are hosting a full Halloween party, some are just having a casual (or not so casual!) Halloween family dinner and some of us are just adding a supernatural touch of decoration to our homes for a little fun. With that in mind, here’s some of our fang-tastic Halloween inspo for 2017 – DIY Halloween table centrepieces/decoration ideas and spooky Halloween table ideas.
How to recreate the look…
This look shows a less creepy, more autumnal Halloween table for those who are taking a more sophisticated approach. This beautiful pumpkin patch centrepiece will compliment a variety of tableware styles from simple to rustic.
You will need:
A hessian table runner
Wicker tray (or similar large dish)
Rustic pot Feathers Greenery – anything that you find in your garden!
Tendrils of Ivy
Munchkins (miniature pumpkins, you can find these in your local supermarket)
Follow these simple steps:
1.Begin by laying your hessian runner along the length of your table.
2. Add your favourite wicker tray – this will form the main base of your centrepiece.
3. Lay your pot in the centre of the tray, adding feathers and sprigs of greenery.
4. Place tendrils of Ivy along the centre of the table, wrapping around the base of the pot. Also add your chosen greenery to create a base for the patch.
5. Using your miniature pots, lay these on their sides and add sprigs of dried flowers.
6. To finish, place your super cute munchkins amongst the pots and herbs and finally place remaining feathers on to the centrepiece.
Create this country-esque table setting by embellishing your pumpkin patch centrepiece with timeless Spode Woodland tableware.